Autor Tema: Masterclass  (Leído 5623 veces)

Desconectado Santiago

Masterclass
« : 31-08-2010 06:14 pm »
Masterclass: Frederick Zimmermann?s A Contemporary Concept of Bowing Technique for the Double Bass

by Orin O?Brien, double bassist of the New York Philharmonic

Orin O''Brien

Frederick Zimmermann taught privately and at the Juilliard School from 1934 to 1967, the year he died. His remarkable book A Contemporary Concept of Bowing Technique was published in 1966, and was the creation of one of the most distinguished and prolific teachers of the double bass for several decades. However, many bassists and teachers seem to be puzzled by how to practise it. I would like to show how to make use of its many benefits.

The book was not in print when I studied with Zimmermann: he would give me a pattern or two and tell me to copy out permutations of them. He had a notebook with many handwritten excerpts from the thousands of orchestral works he had played during his 36 years with the New York Philharmonic: he copied the actual excerpts on the top stave of two, and on the lower stave he made the bowing pattern reductions, using only the four notes of E, A, open A string and open E string for the notes of each passage. This was the genesis of the future ?bowing book? (as many students call it), and as I copied and practised it, it solved many of the mysteries of bowing that had puzzled me.

To read the full article subscribe to The Strad Click here to subscribe

Desconectado Mauricio

Masterclass
« Respuesta #1 : 01-09-2010 07:44 am »
Genial, pero cuándo y dónde sería esta Masterclass? Saludos.

Desconectado Daniel

• Administrador
Masterclass
« Respuesta #2 : 01-09-2010 08:15 am »
Voy a buscar el articulo completo, yo creo que mas bien es una reseña de las clases que ella tuvo con Fred, un articulo que ella escribio para The Strad

Desconectado Beto

• Moderador Global
Masterclass
« Respuesta #3 : 01-09-2010 12:23 pm »
Exactamente, es del Numero de The Strad que acaba de salir... como lo podremos conseguir... pense en conseguir varias personas por aca he inscribirnos... porque el precio es como 100 euros y como que no hay tanto tiempo para leer ($$$)...jaja

Genial, pero cuándo y dónde sería esta Masterclass? Saludos.

Seria genial que fuera una Masterclass... tal vez en ISB el otro año...

Desconectado Santiago

Masterclass
« Respuesta #4 : 01-09-2010 02:28 pm »
Lo que hace es comentar un poco el origen del método de Zimmermann y la forma en que lo utilizaba con sus alumnos.

Desconectado Daniel

• Administrador
Masterclass
« Respuesta #5 : 01-09-2010 03:46 pm »
ya lo consegui... no hay problema, ahora lo subo, tengo que ponerle una linda marca de agua ;) y de hecho, hay otro tambien :)

Desconectado Santiago

Masterclass
« Respuesta #6 : 11-09-2010 11:42 pm »
¿Estás suscripto a The Strad?